5th Anniversary Weekend Away




Dan and I enjoyed celebrating our 5th anniversary in the mountains of western MD (and traipsing over into WV and PA mountains too). We figured it was fitting as we celebrated our honeymoon in a WV cabin.
Here we are standing in front of what is supposed to be the tallest waterfall in MD -- only 68 feet so we're hoping that was a misprint.
Then, a view from our house/cabin. Pretty area and acres and acres to ourselves. I was excited to try out their basketball hoop and Dan cheered me on as I made basket after basket....;-)
It was a little early for the leaves to change in MD, but we saw great color on our WV scenic drive. We did go on two hikes and I didn't pass out! I am 29 weeks pregnant on this trip and feeling rather large (notice there are pictures of my only neck up ;-).
We also saw covered bridges, wind farms and a few interesting roads. We had to laugh when our GPS tried to send us down a road (from a very bumpy dirt/gravel road) that was clearly on an Amish farm...I contend tractor wheels made that "road" in the grass. The weather was perfect.
We also enjoyed delightful hours at an Appalachian Folk Festival in Frostburg, MD. I especially enjoyed the hammer dulcimer music, listening to a talk about the history of flat footing and clogging (and the demo!), and talking to a professor about an antique spinning wheel and it's parts. Oh, I also really enjoyed sitting in the shade with a cold drink (recovering from our hikes the previous day, I think ;-)
We missed our Caleigh but are thankful to have been able to get away.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home